Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is the most common neurodevelopmental disorder of childhood, occurring in 5-8% of school-age children, and characterized by a persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactive-impulsive behaviors that interferes with daily life functioning or development.
Developed by the Partnering to Achieve School Success (PASS) Study Team within CHOP’s Research Institute under the guidance and supervision of Drs. Tom Power and Jennifer Mautone, this course offers short, educational videos highlighting various topics on ADHD and useful services for clinicians and families of children with ADHD. These videos are geared toward a parent who has a child recently diagnosed with ADHD by their primary care pediatrician. Though the videos are intended for parents, they offer succinct and digestible information that clinicians can easily summarize and share with families during office visits as well as be used as a resource parents can be directed to for additional information by watching the full video series.
- What is ADHD?
- Speaker: Marsha Ariol, MA, PASS Study Team
- How Does ADHD Affect Children?
- Speaker: Courtney Zulauf, MA, PASS Study Team
- What Other Conditions Exist Along with ADHD?
- Speaker: Meaghan Lee, Clinical Research Assistant, PASS Study Team
- How Can Section 504 & 504 Plans Help My Child in School?
- Speaker: Thomas Power, PhD, Principal Investigator, PASS Study Team
- How Can IDEIA & IEPs Help My Child in School?
- Speaker: La’Shaunte Casher, MSED, PASS Study Team
- What is Behavioral Parent Training (BPT)?
- Speaker: Indira Joell, Clinical Research Assistant, PASS Study Team
- What To Do While Waiting for Services?
- Speaker: Tynika Brown, Community Health Partner (CHP), PASS Study Team
- FAQs Medication for Children with ADHD
- Speaker: Zia Gajary, MD, and Erica Evans, Caregiver
This course was prepared in 2023 for the Center for Management of ADHD at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
By starting this module, you agree to our Content Disclaimer and Terms of Service.