In this joint program with Orthopedics and ENT, the speakers outline urgent patient presentations that should not be missed.
Dr. Naomi Brown summarizes the current understanding of pediatric upper and lower extremity fractures and highlights the injuries that need escalated care. Dr. Brown walks through the most concerning extremity injuries in the pediatric population.
Drs. Luv Javia and Kavita Dedhia present a lightening round of urgent ENT issues in children. They review urgent causes of noisy breathing in infants and children and strategies for management. They also describe appropriate use of cytomegalovirus testing in children with hearing loss.
- Identify and diagnose common upper and lower extremity pediatric fractures
- Identify what are the most concerning pediatric injuries that should not be missed
- Describe urgent causes of noisy breathing in infants and children and management strategies
- Describe appropriate use of cytomegalovirus testing in children with hearing loss
This seminar focuses on orthopaedics and otolaryngology and was delivered at a virtual event titled, “Urgent Care Issues in Pediatrics – Orthopedic and ENT Perspectives,” on June 9, 2021.
Additional CHOP Resources:
- Sports Medicine and Performance Center
- Division of Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat)
- Upcoming Healthcare Professionals Events
By starting this module, you agree to our Content Disclaimer and Terms of Service.
If this is your first time attempting to login to the new website with an existing account, you will first need to reset your password before logging in.Lost Your Password?
**By selecting “Yes”, you consent to receive information from CHOP. Once you have decided to receive such communications, you may later decide to stop receiving these communications. If you want to stop receiving these communications, you may send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.