Elite and recreational athletes are emerging from a unique challenging time and this lecture and open discussion will address injuries and return to sports for high level athletes. The session will address injuries noted during the rapid rise in sports participation after a prolonged time away activity. There will be an emphasis on rehabilitation and return to sports and healthy fitness. The discussion will address the elite athlete however the principles addressed will be applicable to recreational athletes as well.
- Understand new emerging data on knee injuries in skeletal immature athletes and develop a plan when athletes are cleared to return to play
- Understand the common presenting symptoms of knee injuries in young athletes and the intricacies of returning to activity
- Understand the anatomic, physiologic and behavioral differences that make the injuries described unique and varied in the pediatric population
This seminar focuses on orthopaedics and was delivered at a virtual event titled, “Returning to Sports for Elite Youth Athletes,” on August 17, 2021.
Additional CHOP Resources:
- Sports Medicine and Performance Center
- Division of Orthopaedics
- Upcoming Healthcare Professionals Events
By starting this module, you agree to our Content Disclaimer and Terms of Service.
If this is your first time attempting to login to the new website with an existing account, you will first need to reset your password before logging in.Lost Your Password?
**By selecting “Yes”, you consent to receive information from CHOP. Once you have decided to receive such communications, you may later decide to stop receiving these communications. If you want to stop receiving these communications, you may send an email message to email@example.com.