The incidence of thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer is increasing in both pediatric and adult patients. Thyroid ultrasound and fine needle aspiration are the foundation of evaluation, however, there is increasing data on how to incorporate molecular testing to increase the accuracy of diagnosis, stratify surgery and even individualize therapy using tumor specific systemic therapy for patients with advanced disease. We will review these topics with the goal of providing attendees with an introduction to the state-of-art approach to evaluation and care of thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer in 2022.
- Define risk factors for developing thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer in children and adolescents
- Describe the evaluation of thyroid nodules and how to incorporate the results into clinical practice
- Discuss management of thyroid cancer and how genetic data is being incorporated to stratify care
This seminar focuses on endocrinology and was delivered at a virtual event titled, “Evaluation and Management of Thyroid Nodules and Thyroid Cancer in 2022,” on April 28, 2022.
Additional CHOP Resources:
- Pediatric Thyroid Center
- Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Upcoming Healthcare Professionals Events
By starting this module, you agree to our Content Disclaimer and Terms of Service.
If this is your first time attempting to login to the new website with an existing account, you will first need to reset your password before logging in.Lost Your Password?
**By selecting “Yes”, you consent to receive information from CHOP. Once you have decided to receive such communications, you may later decide to stop receiving these communications. If you want to stop receiving these communications, you may send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.