This session will review trends in substance use and overdose in Philadelphia, PA, and the United States. Treatment recommendations including harm reduction resources and benefits will be discussed and resources available for patients in Philadelphia and throughout PA will be presented. You can learn more about DDAP initiatives like the PA Get Help Now helpline, Recovery Rising, as well as their Prevention Resources here: https://www.ddap.pa.gov/
The Poison Control Center’s Opioid Assistance Resource (OAR) line is organizing a 4-part virtual webinar series focusing on prescribing, family and pediatric approaches to opioid use disorder (OUD) care, and the landscape of substance and opioid treatment in Philadelphia. This series is part of the OAR Line collection with support from the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s Substance Use Response Guidance and Education (SURGE) program.
- Describe trends in substance use and overdose.
- Review best practices for treatment of opioid withdrawal and opioid use disorder.
- Identify strategies for clinicians in assuring patients have access to harm reduction resources.
- Specify resources available to patients with Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) in the Philadelphia region.
- Michael J. Lynch, MD
This seminar focuses on poison control and was delivered at a virtual event titled, “A Resources Roadmap to Recovery in the Greater Philadelphia Area: Session 4 of 4,” on November 16, 2022. To view the other sessions from this 4-part series, please access these links below:
- The Pediatric Impact of the Opioid Crisis: Session 1
- Adolescent Opioid Use Disorder: Session 2
- Buprenorphine Induction Beyond the Basics: Session 3
Additional CHOP Resources:
By starting this module, you agree to our Content Disclaimer and Terms of Service.